Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's Time! (No, not the baby)

My Bible study always takes the summer off so we had a little get-together today to catch up with each other. Almost everyone was able to make it and we had lots of fun and food. They have been a great support to me as we have been going through the adoption process. I can't wait to introduce Yoo Rok to them.


My MIL made this beautiful tablecloth for me. It's probably a little late for me to ever reach this level, but I am really wanting to learn to do some simple things on the sewing machine I inherited. It's old, but a good machine. My sister gave me a tutorial about eight years ago, but I never did a thing so that was a big waste of her time.



One of the gals brought me some beautiful flowers, also in the 'friendly' category.





Our tree guy was supposed to cut this baby down on Monday. He stopped by today to see if he could do it today. Fortunately, Harvey remembered I had my group coming over today. That would have been quite the distraction! He came by again today to see about tomorrow, and tomorrow it is. It's really a pretty tree so I am sad about that, but it ends there. We have six of these and they are messy beyond belief. Our back patio is covered with leaves and little seed things every day. It's also nicknamed "widow maker" so I wasn't so keen on having it three feet from my house. I don't want this thing falling on my man!


My magnolia is going to be so much happier! Now we have a couple of weeks to replace it with another tree. I wish I had bought that crepe myrtle at Costco for $30!!! Ryan was going to go do something fun with some friends after VBS but begged to stay home to watch the tree man. I promised to pick him up after VBS. Hopefully he won't miss too much of the good stuff.

No comments: