Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Now We're Ready!

So it was excitment mixed with 'man these are expensive' buying our first box of diapers for the little guy. I forgot how thrilled I was when Ryan was totally potty trained, and I didn't have to lay down any more serious cash for these. It's mostly exciting though (until I remember what changing them is like!).
Have you ever wondered if there is such a thing as 'too much granite?" Well, I'll tell you...YES! I don't know whose idea it was to cover every surface of the dining room and kitchen with it, but it wasn't one of their best. I've had a mixing bowl (plastic mind you) break after falling off the counter, a bowl, two small plates, and Ryan's head twice. The floors are so hard that the arches of my feet ached after two days when we first moved in. We ended up putting cheap carpet in the kitchen because Ryan always wants to be in there with me. (You know, because I'm always in there baking...Harv wishes). I know, it's only a step up from carpet in the bathroom, but really, it has to be covered! The carpet had gotten so gross I just cut it up and threw it out today and scrubbed the floor.
I am a big HGTV person. I love to watch House Hunters and all of the house hunting shows. Maybe it's the rebel in me (I have a little), but the fact that every singe person says every single time, "Oh, I want granite countertops and stainless steel appliances" makes me want anything else. Of course I'm on granite overload so maybe I'll change my mind if we ever get to change the kitchen. If Yoo Rok isn't walking, a few days crawling on this should do it!


Getting in...


a little shooting...



getting out!

I still can't believe that it will be Aug. in a couple more days. I'm starting to get butterflies! Almost time for "Little Couple", gotta go! : )

No comments: