Sunday, July 5, 2009

Camping 101

I didn't grow up camping. I went once with my friend's family when I was about 9. Even at that age I figured out that her parents were on to something putting the kids in a tent and keeping the RV to themselves! I remember peeking out of our cold, dark tent and seeing their shadows behind the blinds while they sat in the warm, lighted, and t.v. filled RV. I haven't talked Harvey into an RV (working on it) yet. In the meantime, we don't travel lightly. This is our truck for a Fri. through Sun. trip. This was our fourth trip. It's a steep learning curve. Let's just say that I'll never forget my 1/2 and 1/2 again! We also learned it's a good idea to check your equipment before you leave. It's really dark in the woods when your lantern doesn't work (and a little scarier!).

Looks like we'll be needing to trade up to a larger truck with kiddo number two!



Arrival our style...

Arrival of our friends (family of four...two large carseats in the backseat mind you).



"Home sweet away from home"

Well, I just finished washing all the laundry and cleaning out the bins of stuff. I am pooped! Ryan took an hour bath...thank goodness!! Lots of fun pictures tomorrow! I am off to enjoy a cup of joe with 1/2 and 1/2!!!! : )





No comments: