Friday, September 4, 2009

An Unwelcome Visitor

It was so nice out this morning that I thought it would be fun to have the boys play in the sandbox. They both got right to work and I took the opportunity to get a few shots of their first (and maybe last!) time together in the sandbox.

Erik loves the sand and all of the fixings that go with it!





My happy boys...


little did I know of the danger in my sandbox...




I just happened to look down and about an inch from Erik's cute little leg...



was this VERY UNWELCOME creature!
"It's a tarantula mommy, a tarantula" screamed Ryan, who was torn by his total interest and delight and my, well, less enthusiastic response. I did my best with a board to get him good, and went to get my man to handle the disposal. The thing wouldn't die! I hadn't even bruised him. Harvey put him in a baggie and took Ryan over to the garbage can so he could step on him? How is that a special privelege? The big question: How soon do I get back in the sandbox? I mean, there could be relatives...don't they have like hundreds of babies?






These guys are welcome at our house! Only a few more days and they should start twitching around.








Only four more days until preschool starts!

Erik slept in his crib for about 8 hours last night, which was delightful. He then came with me for another 4. He is so cute and smiley when he wakes up. Just like me! Okay, just the opposite of me. But a happy morning baby can make the worst of morning people pretty happy! He is a music guy. He did a lot of dancing today and was a lot of fun to watch. Ryan has been very helpful. He seemed a little more settled in today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, what type of spider is that?!? We found something very similar in our backyard recently, and it may have even been living in our sandbox. We thought it was a brown recluse, but the Terminix guys said that those spiders are not found around here... it was NASTY!

In Him, Jamie PA