Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Early Bird Has to Wait

It's always so weird to sit down to type and have this oversized-bandaged finger take over the keyboard. It is so in the way! Harvey spent a good part of the day working on the bathroom. I'd be totally excited except it's the bathroom that is in 'working order'. We're officially at two years since he gutted the master bath. Don't tell him I'm bringing it up! The shower has dripped for the last two weeks. The baby's room (where I sleep) is right next to the shower. Drip, drip, drip, drip...like Chinese water torture, which by the way, Harvey (Chinese) had never heard of! Hmmmm? Today was our first official photo shoot. Erik liked it better than the doctor's visit yesterday, but that entailed screaming and flashbacks from the four shots a few days earlier. Despite clinging to me and looking everywhere but at the camera, she got a few good ones. His foster mom picked out his special hanbok (Korean outfit for his one year birthday). Again, it's a no on the hat! If only it came with a fireman helmet instead. Might as well be honest here, I'm not an on-time gal. I've been quite proud that Ryan has been to school and picked up on time every day so far (okay, it's only been three days), nonetheless, that's good. So I was equally proud that the boys and I arrived at Penney's fifteen minutes early so I wasn't rushed and could do last minute finger-licking hair swipes. Too bad Penney's doesn't pride itself on opening early. The store didn't open until 10. So we got to stand by the door to get hot, sweaty, and grumpy for our pictures. Looking back, I would have used that time to print out the coupon, so we wouldn't be hot, sweaty, grumpy and have to drive home to print out the coupon! Of course on the way home after the photos Erik fell asleep. Fortunately, Harvey was home and took Ryan to Home Depot so I could take my coupon back to the store. Since Erik was sleeping, I decided to just hold him, because he is NOT a stroller guy and I was going to quickly pick some pictures and get out of there. WAIT...have I ever made a decision quickly? Why would I think that? So by the time I finally picked the pictures, I realized that Erik's diaper has leaked and my shirt was wet on the whole left side of me. Which kind of worked since there was already smeared biscuit on my left shoulder. By the time we got home it had been a two hour photo session. Couldn't have been happier that a dear friend came and picked up Ryan and had a playdate with her granddaughter and Ryan at her house. She brought him home a few hours later and the first thing he said was, "I want to go there again!" (Yeah!) Erik was a trooper for a few errands (I've got a birthday party to plan) and even took another nap for me. So that's my day. Have to go to bed earlier tonight...want to be on time for school you know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say you did a nice job on typing with the boo boo finger....I got tired just reading......Love - Tessie

CatherineD said...

I hope you'll post some of the photos!

I cringed when I read about Erik's diaper leaking on you! As a first time mom, I am really dreading moments like those! And from what I've heard, there may be many!