Sunday, August 2, 2009

Shower Fun!

Yesterday the gals from our home fellowship had a shower for Yoo Rok (me too)! It was a wonderful time and increased the anticipation of his arrival. It will also be fun to have these special memories/photos for his baby book. It means so much to us that so many people are so excited about our little guy coming and being a part of his life as well. Let me share some highlights:

A table full of Korean goodies


Kimchi
(I knew they would make me eat it!)


How about my new shirt! I couldn't be prouder about getting these (for everyone in the family of course)!

The burn is starting...
and continuing...


Fortunately, the hostess had a nice drink ready for me...
mushroom water!!

This is the mushroom water


Isn't this darling? All of the little scrolls have handwritten thoughts and wishes for Yoo Rok!

Special gifts for Yoo Rok


I have spent literally hours trying to find a special adoption baby book but have never found one that I really liked. I was so thrilled to open this beautiful handmade book. It couldn't be more perfect...it has this beautiful Asian fabric on the outside and really cute vintage looking pages inside...


So me!

This is my favorite page. It says: "Our First Embrace"
A cute scrapbook, with all the paper for it!

Perfect!
I can't wait to have his picture in it!

This is a birth certificate holder, first tooth and hair lock holders. It touched me so much because it is his first 'heirloom' kind of present. It is something we/he can keep and holds that precious birth certificate.

Can't have a shower, without a towel! I hope this will motivate Harvey to put in the tub! : )

The only problem with the card is deciding if I should go pick out something special for him BEFORE he comes, or wait until AFTER he is here and pick out something as we get to know him. Either way, how fun to shop for him.


I think since Ryan's first bath I have been waiting to have my kids play together in the tub! How much fun they'll have. Ryan has asked me all day to play with this. I think the first night Yoo Rok comes, Ryan will try to get him into the tub!

Thanks girls for a wonderful celebration! I can't wait to show Yoo Rok.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gift of love that shower was! The Body of Christ scores another victory! Thank your friends from your fake MIL. Wish I had been there to see all the smiling faces.

Jim and Gail said...

Jane and Harvey-
We are so excited for you two and Ryan; soon, a new baby in the house! How wonderful.
All the best.
Jim and Gail McFall

Catherine said...

Looks like your shower was so much fun! And, what wonderful gifts! I love the handwritten notes - it will be fun to read them to him as a baby, and then together when he is older. What great memories.