Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Puddle Jumping in August? (and an update)

So I spared my hair and took out my frustration on the 'Heavenly Bamboo' (which is not in any way 'heavenly' as I understand Heaven). Needing a distraction, since I wasn't on my way to the airport, Ryan and I took out all of the bamboo along our fence. In the bamboo's defense, I do have to say that it did help cover up our hideous chain link fence. But it was starting to come up through the lawn and well, it just had to go and today seemed like the day. Ryan loves any excuse to use the clippers so it worked out for the both of us.


Hydrangea will be so much prettier!


He wanted to make some money to take to VBS (yep, I added another one thinking I would need the extra time). Turns out we both love VBS! They are collecting money to put together backpacks for kids in need.

While we were working the water company came to test the hydrant.







First step...



second...


you get the idea!







Way better puddles than when it rains!
(plus Mommy stayed dry, for the most part anyway)






Tomato number 2!
Quite perfect if I do say so myself!!




I finally got my tomato sandwich!
So I have handled this long delay pretty well...well until yesterday. Somehow I could handle the two months we have lost because of someone's carelessness with our paperwork, but this extra week or more did me in. Yoo Rok can come anytime...but they can't get a seat and we can't get there. We finally got tickets for August 25th as a backup if the 21st and 24th don't work. We'll go to Seoul, spend a day, and come back. Since the 21st and 24th are going to be the same standby problem we felt we better be ready because I'm not missing his birthday. It's hard knowing that he could be in my arms right this minute if not for one seat! Even harder is seeing how much I want my life to be easy and to get what I want when I want it. God has never promised this, and yet I so often expect it. So we continue to wait and look forward to a wonderful homecoming!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a productive/theraputic day.......
nice photos or Ry with the puddles.
Tessie

CatherineD said...

Jane, I am in awe of your positive attitude during this frustrating time! It must be so difficult for you. I will continue sending positive vibes your way.

And, I'm so jealous of your tomatoes! I LOVE home-grown tomatoes! Yum! Enjoy. :)