Thursday, August 13, 2009

Oranges and a Bar of Soap

Our first batch of oranges weren't very sweet. Ryan ate a few, but we figured it just wasn't going to give us yummy oranges. Boy were we wrong! A few days ago Harv and Ryan gave them another go and they were delicious! Could it be that watering thing?




So I'm a pulp free gal, but this juice is so yummy that a little pulp actually works for me.





The carpet is back! New and fresh!! I was hoping Yoo Rok could at least have a couple days of it being semi-clean. Oh well! I know I shouldn't admit this, but I kind of like it. (It's sort of like the can of raviolis. I know any true Italian shouldn't like canned raviolis, but every once in a while...). I don't like the actual carpet, but it feels so much better than the cold granite in the morning. It just feels cozier. I don't have too many memories from my grandma's house, I was probably eight the last time I was there, but I remember the carpet in her kitchen. I always thought it was strange. It's funny now how often I think of her old place just because of this carpet. I remember playing in her backyard, the twin beds in her guest room, and though I don't remember the sassy talk I must have given her, I remember her chasing after me through the living room with a bar of soap. I had always thought washing a kid's mouth out with soap was just a saying, or you know, a threat! Turns out, if they can catch you, they really do it! Lucky for me I've always been pretty quick!

This was our creative effort today. We cut up one of Ryan's paintings to make this cute picture.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing sweet memories....and yes, water does help! Oranges look yummy! Tessie

Anonymous said...

here at this web blog assembled a huge assortment of articles about smart [url=http://scypek.ru/skachat-skype.html]clownfish скачать бесплатно для скайпа[/url].

Anonymous said...

at the above web site picked up a wide range of the latest news about [url=http://title-publishing.org/]мировое экономика[/url].