Sunday, August 23, 2009

Got Elephants!

Well, we squeezed in one more fun summer activity before we become a family of four! We had a great time at the circus. Ryan's grip tightened around Harvey's neck with each step toward the circus ring. They had a pre-show where you could get up close to the performers. I was hoping Ryan's character phobia didn't include clowns...but really, how could it not. After numerous promises of protecting him with our very lives and a round about route, we made it to our seats. From the moment the lights went down he was completely enthralled. He absolutely loved it all! Well, not sure about the clowns!


So these are the things I hesitate exposing Ryan to because really, could I survive having my child walk a tight rope without any cables? (Of course I can always remind him he would have to work with clowns to be a tightrope artist).



My favorite clowns!

We ended up running into some friends on our way out. If we had left our seats one minute later we would have missed them. I always wonder how many people I have just missed in the airport or at an amusement park. On a trip back from Bulgaria I was sitting near the window with my eyes closed. The line from the bathroom was backed up several rows and my very friendly teammate struck up a conversation with a gal waiting next to her row. When I heard her mention she was from Connecticut I looked over. It was a friend from high school! After her little trip down the aisle she came back and filled me in on our reunion and all that had gone on since I had left Connecticut. How fun!
I think I have all my errands done. Tomorrow is packing and dropping things off at Gramma's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jane, you are a great photographer. You pictures really tell a story. And I always love seeing Harvey (as well as the rest of your family). Safe travels this Tues!

Peace, Mike T