Friday, October 2, 2009

In the Doghouse!


I am so happy to see that Bob and Co. will be back in our lives! (In case you don't have a two year old boy, that's Scoop, Bob the Builder's trusty backhoe).





Guess who loves the sandbox!


Ryan was in charge of making the corn muffins. I think the tatoo is a nice touch!



At this point, and I say that with my heart filled with hope for the future, Ryan and Erik are sleep opposites. Ryan falls asleep in about 2-3 min. every night and sleeps like a rock. I walked in last night to check on him and found him like this. He never woke as I put him back in bed. Erik wakes so easily. He is his father's child!









Today I taught Ryan how to play checkers. I figure I have about a year until he can beat me. He thinks like his dad, which means I will be losing a lot of games in the future.


The highlight of our day was making a new house for Hanna and Sunny. Ryan painted the box and made them a little bed. They seem quite happy, although I think Hanna might be getting a little jealous of all the attention our new Sunny is getting. Could there be a lesson learned? I might be using that tomorrow. Today Ryan told me that he likes Seo Jin, but he just doesn't want to share Mommy. It's been a little harder for him than I had expected. Maybe Hanna can relate!







I took Erik to the eye doctor this week. His doctor was concerned he could have a lazy eye. Between the two of us, it was the ninth trip to a doctor's office since he came home. She gave him an A+ and said he passed 100%. He has to be rechecked in 3 months but she has no concerns. I took Ryan in for the same thing. It's very common with Asian kids to have that appearance. I better go get some laundry done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SWEET!! A lion, a dog...what is next! You do such fun things with the kids - creative, interactive- and no video games or throwing them in front of the TV for HOURS to occupy them....LOVE IT! A good example for what is needed today!
OK - off my soap box now!
Tessie