Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Got Mowers!

While Ryan was at school, Erik and I had some fun 'mowing' time. Ryan is loving preschool and I am really enjoying this one on one time with Erik. Watching him with the lawnmower brought back so many memories of Ryan at this age. Ryan got his first mower on his first birthday from his Auntie Tessie. It has been the most used toy. We took a walk around the neighborhood with that mower every day for over a year. Some day I'll put all the mower pictures together in some kind of collage. I'll probably do the same with his helmet!
















This is Ryan at the same age as Erik.




Man, he was cute!



For those of you who knew us then...remember his hair?! It was so fabulous! If you click on the picture you can see it a little better (Oh, how I wish I had my current camera!). It was so soft and stood straight up. Complete strangers used to come up and start touching it. If only I could keep up this enthusiasm when they're teenagers! Ryan will need to coach Erik on the double mower move.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun - cute comparison and a trip down memory lane....also forgot to comment on your first family of 4 photo - who took it?? Off to bed soon......
Tessie

Anonymous said...

FGma was excused from jury duty so she is now free to enjoy your blog once again. I do remember that duck down hair that Ryan had!!!

Remodel coming along, the dust is settling and we need to pick out light fixtures, flooring, etc. They are going faster than I can pull it together. Jury duty would have really cramped my style. We go to Portland on the 10th for another eye appt...thus my dismissal from JD. A question....what indignity is Erik going to be subjected to on Halloween?