Thursday, October 8, 2009

Back to School Night

Tonight was Back to School Night at Ryan's preschool. I know it's only preschool, but it felt like a new stage for us. I have thought about this day for a long time, as a teacher, wondering what it was going to be like when I was the one sitting down and listening. I was a rare one, I loved back to school night. I loved talking to the parents and never did get through all I wanted to share with them. After being in a highly competitive district for many years it was refreshing to listen to teachers who focus on developmentally appropriate activities. Since it is a small school, only six kids in Ryan's class and two teachers, they really get to know the children and have time to do a lot with them. It was great to meet the parents of Ryan's classmates and to look forward to developing some new friendships this year.

No comments: