Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lost Tooth

Well it finally happened.  It’s gone!  Lost!  As in, we can’t find it.  Ryan was eating a nectarine yesterday and said, “Hey, where’s my tooth?”  We checked in the nectarine, his bed, on the floor…He wasn’t super excited at the possibility that he ate it, but I assured him it would all work out okay!  The biggest concern was of course whether the tooth fairy would know that he lost a tooth without evidence under the pillow.  I assured him that somehow she would know.  Turns out the fairy completely forgot about this darling child’s very first tooth coming out until after church, but she made a good recovery and all is well!

  IMG_7178

It’s a little hard to tell because his other tooth has already started to come in!

 

IMG_7183

 

 

 

IMG_7184 

 

 

IMG_7185

Gramma was ready for the day and gave Ryan this little box a few months ago.  Good thing because the tooth fairy seems to be a little absent-minded!

In other news:

Yesterday was the two year anniversary of Erik’s referral.  Hard to believe it was two years ago that we first saw his picture.  As I am writing this, he’s in his crib (not sleeping) singing “Jesus loves me.”  It melts a mother’s heart! 

His potty training is rolling but we’re at the stage where I am missing the diapers.  He woke me up twice last night to go and I think he goes about 15 times a day. 

2 comments:

Emili Jones said...

Its so cute watching them.I pray for their wonderful lives.Take care of their teeth.Don't let their sweety smile go away.Proper care at home from the beginning can only give them hygienic teeth.After all prevention is better than cure.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Emili,
My grandma told us every time we saw her to take care of our teeth! She hated her dentures!

Jane : )