Wednesday, March 23, 2011

How Can It Be That Time Again Already?

Last night I went to another information night.  We have to start making decisions for first grade!  But it’s March!  I have trouble making lunch plans more than a few days in advance.  I’m looking into schools where Ryan would go two days a week and I would teach him the other days.  It’s sounding pretty good right now.  The problem is that I want a school that is a mix of the two I have looked at!  Tomorrow Ryan and I will go visit a first grade class at one of the schools.  Hopefully we can go see the other one when they get back from their week off.  Hope that helps!

 2011-03-23_001

 

2011-03-23_006

Getting in some practice during a break in the rain.  It’s looking like his second game is going to be rained out too!  : (

7 comments:

damselfly said...

I found your blog by accident. As a Korea-born immigrant, I was a bit curious how you named your blog.

Jane said...

To damselfy:
When we first started the adoption process I wanted to start a blog to keep our family and friends updated as well as share our journey with others going through the process. The first obstacle was naming it! I asked my husband for some ideas and 'Got Kimchi?' was his first good one! It's just a simple take-off on the Got Milk? advertising that is so popular here. Since Kimchi is so recognized as a Korean food it just seemed fun. It's as simple as that!

Anonymous said...

Yeah - I heard it would probably rain on Saturday and suspected another rained out game!!! Tessie

damselfly said...

Thank you. So you mean that you adopted child(ren) from Korea?

Jane said...

Hi Damselfly,
Yes, we adopted Erik from Korea and we are waiting to adopt a little girl from Korea as well. My father, my brothers, my sister, and I were all adopted. It's a huge, wonderful part of our family's story.

damselfly said...

I and my wife also have been thinking about adoption of a girl. However, we are not confident whether we can make such a big commitment and whether we can raise an adopted child as equally as our own child. I praise your courage!!

Jane said...

HI Damselfly,
I don't know if you have talked to a local adoption agency, but many have wonderful support groups and offer opportunities for prospective parents to talk to families about their experiences and ask lots of questions.