Sunday, December 13, 2009

There's a White Elephant in the Room!

One of my favorite Christmas traditions from my childhood was our annual Christmas party with several families from our church. The highlights were sitting at our dads' feet listening to their fraternity stories (while our moms chatted in the kitchen), family skits, and the white elephant gift exchange. As soon as Harvey and I moved into a house we had our first white elephant party. It's a tradition that we have enjoyed for the last six years and that I hope we continue for a very long time.



This was the treasure I picked!
Somehow I keep getting a gift from the same family. Last year I got a t-shirt with a termite set in amber. Nice! Harv ended up with a soccer ball with HIV and TB awareness slogans. Again, nice! Of course someone brought an actual gift, brand new flashlight with batteries! It got stolen a few times as did the sushi mat. For some reason, the termite shirt I saved for this occassion, didn't! I have a feeling I might see it again.









So Ryan is my poser and Erik is not. Still trying to get a photo for the Christmas card. He is so not interested in posing for a photo!





The Shepherd



The kids were shepherds and angels and came through the living room singing as they brought a little heart to baby Jesus.



Who knew Jesus was actually born in a cabbage patch?


It's going to be tough to beat this! We'll have to start planning next year's performance soon! : )

No comments: