Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Caroling!

I'll take a small boutique over a large department store any day. So a few weeks ago, my friend Linda and I went to a cute little town near us that actually has a main street with several cute little shops. They had a display of carolers which she had never seen before. My mom has collected these for many years and I have always wanted to have a few myself. Why not knock off each other's Christmas gifts in Nov.?! So I bought her a caroler and she bought me a cute door. The door has sat in my room for a few weeks now. As much as I loved the door I felt I should hold off on buying any carolers this year since they are kinda pricey. However, I couldn't help myself from just checking eBay and Craig's list for a deal. Did I say deal? I found two carolers on Craig's list: new and FREE to whoever would come get them. I sent off my email in a jiffy, but someone had beat me to the carolers. Couldn't blame them. But the gal said if they didn't show up, they were mine. Long story, trying to wrap it up...they're mine!


Aren't they fun?!

Today Ryan got to open the first door in the advent calendar. Each day there is a little message about Christmas. Today we learned that we are looking forward to celebrating Jesus' birth. I put a little stamp in the box as well. After we read the message I second guessed my choice of a Santa stamp for today!
Tomorrow we're going to get the tree! Ryan is so excited. He is into everything. He loves the lights, the decorating, the calendar, making his list...and being Joseph in the school play! Cannot wait to see his acting debut!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carolers - darling!!!!
Joseph in the school play - when??
Tessie