Saturday, December 5, 2009

Got Elves!

My sister sent our family a Christmas gift which came in a huge box. The boys couldn't wait to get the door mat out so they could get in! Erik spent a good portion of the day in it. With a room full of breakable houses and ornaments, I was happy he wanted to play in the box.







The first ornament!


Surprise, surprise!
It's Luigi


Erik got to put up one too.
I have always gotten Ryan an ornament from the first Christmas when I was pregnant. I ordered a special one for Erik, so we'll have to open our 2009 ornaments in a few days.






"4"


"4" continued


We had a nice visit with Uncle Matt.

Harvey just doesn't get my elves!
I can't think of any other Christmas keepsake that I have that holds more memories for me. When my parents were purging one year, I grabbed these as quickly as I could. They must be close to 40 years old. I remember them hanging from the chandelier every year. When I pulled them out and showed Harvey the first time, I think he thought they were a joke. No way! I felt somewhat redeemed when a couple of years ago we walked into Restoration Hardware and there were the same elves hanging all over the tree. Ha! I knew they were cool! I know whoever wrote The Elf on the Shelf must have grown up with these as well.
Don't you feel like a bowl of Rice Krispies?!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Ours is decorated too!!!!!

Love - Tessie

Anonymous said...

Jane, we got the same great box. My kids (with my dad) wanted to make it into a car for your kids to enjoy for Christmas Day, but I would love to throw it out if you had the same plan. Or maybe we could pick yours up so that we could make two cars. Debbie

Anonymous said...

They would love to each have their own!

Jane