Friday, June 12, 2009

Until Now

The past few months have seemed to fly by. We have been working hard on 'the list' and enjoying the outcome of each project. Our trip to San Diego was a much needed break for Harvey (four full nights of sleep) and a great time with Ryan. Yoo Rock's room is getting closer and closer to being ready for his arrival. Until now, everything with the adoption has gone so smoothly. When I got a message from our agency to call about some paperwork I assumed it was about our tax return (where was it). I wasn't expecting her to tell us that our visa papers were lost somewhere between the U.S. gov. and the Korean gov. The Korean Embassy can't seem to locate them. I wish it was a pressing matter but it seems that in addition the government has had some big changes for a second time and that things are quite backed up. I dared to ask what that meant. She said to expect 8-12 weeks once our group gets to the table. We aren't even at the table yet. We've known since the beginning that the babies were usually about nine months when they got home (Yoo Rock turned 9 months this week), so it has always been a given that we would miss that precious time. Losing more, perhaps his whole first year, is more than disappointing. I have to say there have been tears. I thought I was done with those for a while. It looks like Yoo Rock is going to have a bathtub when he gets home afterall!


In times such as these: 'eat pie!'
So I made myself a yummy strawberry tart!

With real whipped cream!!


And a hot cup of joe!!!
And I may eat several more over the next few months!!






No comments: