Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cobbler and My MIL

It took me a year to finally break down and buy myself reading glasses. Turns out that it was so fantastic to be able to see all those little words that I bought a Costco pack of glasses so I could have them in many places. I just spent the last 15 minutes trying to find any one of the four. Now I have to break down and buy those granny strings to wear around my neck! This getting old thing can wear a girl out!


Let's talk MILs (Mother in Laws). I have two...one real and one fake. My real mother-in-law is kind, loving, always praying for us and lives on the other side of the world (literally). No boundary issues for us! My fake mother-in-law is the one you hope for when you meet the man of your dreams. Our fake parent's home is where we go to laugh, share, get refreshed, and eat pie! My MIL is the type to say at 3 in the afternoon, let's have pie tonight. She whips out her homemade crust and fruit from her garden and we have a delicious pie after dinner. Harvey likes his pie, and he really likes his mom's pie. So one day, early on in our marriage, my MIL says, "time to learn to make a pie". I have a long way to go to make a crust as good as hers, but I love to serve Harvey a yummy dessert. Makes me feel like my MIL is rubbing off on me! : )



Since we have a harvest of plums...it's plum cobbler.

Yummy!
So after my strawberry tart post, I have had one promise of someone making me a pie. (note: love pie, but also fond of cheesecake and anything chocolate).


"Mr. Arts and Crafts"

(if you live near us, you will probably be receiving a work of art over the next few months!)
Ryan's thoughts: So Ryan comes into the kitchen from a time-out and says "Maybe tomorrow I will be good." "That would be great," I said. To which he replied, "we just can't be sure."









No comments: