Sunday, June 14, 2009

Smelling the Roses

While Ryan and I were in the backyard we saw this beautiful butterfly flying around. We have seen him several times now over the last few days. I ran inside to get my camera hoping he would stay long enough for a picture. He did! And here he is:
The fig tree is right next to the plum tree. (notice there are still figs on the tree! Last year the squirrels ate every single one!) Well, the squirrels also ate all but three of our plums as well. Our yard is a little piece of heaven for those furry-tailed rats (sorry GG but that's what they are). Anywho, we have already harvested quite a few and I thought I should document the plentiful tree in case it's a once in a lifetime yield.

Yummy!


I think our trusty owl may be the answer!
You should see our scary snake!!


Then I started to think about how much I enjoy our yard, depite it's faults, and there are many, and I took a few shots of my favorite things:


Even more amazing close up!
Harvey's aunt has the greenest thumb ever. She gave this to us when we moved in. She's had it for like fifteen years. No pressure on the girl without the greenest thumb ever!




New flowers for little lola


Again wishing for the 'smell' feature.
Last year I think I got two flowers total from my five gardenias. This year I have already had a dozen.




So here is the actual rose!

Every once in a while you really do need to stop and smell the roses!

No comments: