Monday, June 29, 2009

'Quick and Fast'

Today we got a little update on our baby's development. He likes meat, fish, EGGGGSSS! (yeah, not allergic), apples, strawberries, tomatoes, and yogurt (yeah!!!!!!!!!!!). The idea of being able to give my kid a piece of cheese or let him eat off a kid's menu is more than exciting!! Maybe his big brother can join him for a bowl of ice cream next year! He sleeps well, (we'll have to see what he thinks of this big crib we have for him!). Right now he sleeps with foster mom on a futon on the floor. He can say momma. "He moves quickly and fast" (I think they are trying to tell me something). "He crawls fast, likes playing in a standing position, goes in and out of the house alone."(?) I think I better get back on my exercise machine!

I started a new book this week: The Grand Weaver: How God Shapes Us Through the Events of Our Lives by Ravi Zacharias. I am really enjoying it. It has helped me so much with my thoughts as I have to let go of many things that are out of my control. I think it's always especially hard when it has to do with our children. In the book he talks about the story of Noah and how the Bible lists every detail of the ark, its size, the type of wood...but there is no mention of sails or a rudder. Nothing to control the ship. I can't imagine how many times I have heard and studied this story and yet I never pondered this. How many times have I seen pictures of that ark floating around? I sure have wanted my hands on the rudder in my life! At one time it seemed that I did and was headed just where I wanted. But it became clear that I wasn't in control. The author says, "The Bible is a book on life building, written for us as we sojourn on this planet. Interestingly, it also tells us that the rudder and sail remain in God's control and that we enter the high seas with the understanding that we must trust him. If you do not have the mind of faith, then you will fall into repeated peril-and God will get the blame. A life of simple trust is a blessed life, and it sees beyond any impediment through the mind committed to God's way".

So we wait for our little guy, trusting God's plan/timing for our family.

No comments: