Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Visit from a Sneaky Leprechaun

We had a little visitor last night. Before Ryan went to bed we made sure his room was nice and clean.  When he got up this morning his clothes were all over the floor.  I asked him if he had done it.  He looked at me wide-eyed and said, “No, I really didn’t.”  I told him we may have had a leprechaun visit since St. Patrick’s Day was coming up.  We went into the bathroom and found someone had been in there too!  He was being swayed.   When I poured his milk out of the carton and it was GREEN, he was a believer.  We talked leprechaun the rest of the day.  He spent all day trying to figure out where the little guy had lost his shoe, how he got in our house, how we could catch him, and what he might do next.

  2010-03-16_001

 

2010-03-16_002

 

2010-03-16_003

 

2010-03-16_026

 

2010-03-16_021

 

2010-03-16_022

Ryan wanted to be sure his room stayed clean so they could get his new bed in tomorrow.  He was a little worried that the leprechaun would ignore his request.  It was a really fun day!  During dinner Harvey looked at me and said, “He isn’t going to sleep tonight.”  I just smiled.  By the end of his shower the panic of sleeping in his room, alone, with the imminent return of the little rascal had reached its climax.  Guess who’s in my bed sleeping with Daddy! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane! I continue to be just amazed with the creativity and focused effort that you give to homemaking! I'm not sure where you are at with the schooling decision, but if you end up deciding to homeschool you will be SO great at it! If not, the boys will have much to look forward to whenever they come home. You inspire me.

In Him,

Jamie PA

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I want to say I am "green" with envy that you came up with such a fun day! Tessie