Friday, March 12, 2010

9 Shots and 5 Words

Harvey came home early today.  Great for me!  I’m not sure it was so great for him…Today we had back to back doctor appointments for the boys.  It was Ryan’s kindergarten shots appointment.  I decided to let him know ahead of time since he is usually great about shots and getting blood drawn.  He was a trooper as expected.  He was so proud that he didn’t cry.  I was happy to leave Harvey with the boy getting shots and take the other one on a hallway walk.  They got a total of 9 shots.  I haven’t broken it to Erik yet that he gets to go back on Monday to get his blood drawn.  I was relieved to check off Erik’s questionnaire, 4-10 words.  He doesn’t use them often, but he has said four words.  As the doctor read through the questions she said, we really look at a minimum of FIVE words.  Hmmm…That is one short (and I’m including ‘uh oh’ as a word).  It’s not anything we are concerned about.  Erik is ‘talking’ all day long, but I like checking off boxes.  After the two hour event (I don’t remember the last time I was at the doctor’s under that time frame) we went to lunch.  About a half hour after we got home Harvey was playing with Erik and Erik said “BALL”.  Of course we made him repeat it about ten times.  So all is well.  We have our five words!

No comments: