Thursday, April 9, 2009

Package for Baby!

Another family from our agency is leaving soon to pick up their child and they graciously offered to take a Ziplock bag full of treasures to our baby. I have spent the last three days carting Ryan around to find just the right presents. I wanted to send a suitcase full of things! I managed to squeeze in two outfits, two disposable cameras (please take pictures for us Foster Mom), a photo album with Mommy, Daddy, and Big Brother, two small toys, a Silky, a smaller silky with a little bear attached (picked out by Ryan), and a small book. (By the way, it was a gallon size not a quart. It's impressive but not a miracle). Packing has always been a sort of gift. When I was in YWAM I would just have people put whatever they wanted to bring on the bed and I would fit it. I think I learned it as a survival technique after my younger brother had helped me once before I went on a trip. His method was to look through my stuff and say, "You don't need this, or this, you only need three pairs of shorts in HAWAII." Well, turns out you need way more than three pairs of shorts in Hawaii when you live there for three months! You need like two dozen! So now I pack everything I need, even if it takes a vacuum. I tried to get one more outfit in, yes, I got the vacuum out and made Harvey hold the bag while I tried to get the air out to have enough room...but no go.

The closet has been cleaned out, all the 'shelves' and wood pieces taken out. Tomorrow I get to paint the new shelves while Harvey does the patch work. (By the way, I offered to fill and patch and I got turned down). Once the closet is done I can hang the extra outfit on a real rod. Putting the bag together has really helped me feel like he is coming soon. It was fun to know what I wanted for him and to find it. I almost spent $45 on a Silky I didn't really like (desperate) and found exactly what I wanted on the way home at Tuesday Morning for $6. The little guy might not be into a silky, but he needs to have a lovey from his momma (who slept with it by the way). (So it has my smell...does that actually work)?

Ryan's thoughts on God: "I don't hear God. Well, I do hear in my head." What did He say? "Be a good boy. Goodbye." I have to write these down because that was too cute! Jesus is so polite. I can't believe my baby is almost four. I think there are many more quotable moments ahead in the next year! Are you writing down your kid's funny thoughts?

So we are having almost 4o for Easter. (17 children under 4). Please let it be sunny!!

Please pray for Harvey to get over this sinus infection. It's been a few weeks and is still terrible. He has been on antibiotics so many times and they don't seem to help so he hasn't wanted to go to the doctor.

No comments: