Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

We had sun...and some wind...but the kids played outside and that is what I was hoping for. This is a painstaking blog entry...about a half hour before friends starting showing up I cut my thumb and finger pretty deeply. Anyone who knows me well knows that meant I had to lay down immediately. It really doesn't seem to matter the amount of blood, I get faint. Right now I'm at the throbbing stage. I felt better, (well, not in the pain relief sense) when Harvey looked at it later and said "wow, that's pretty deep and in a bad place"...the nearly passing out is a little less embarrassing. I did manage to pull it together in time to finish hiding the eggs for the egg hunt (leaving Harv with the rest of the potatoes to cut up and the dishes). I think we had about 500 eggs this year. Harvey wasn't too pleased with my empty egg idea, so he spent most of the morning filling eggs with candy and money. No wonder the kids like Uncle Harvey!

I can't believe Ryan turns 4 tomorrow. He has been the greatest joy to us. Tonight he asked, "Do I have to do to everything by myself when I'm four?" ( I have been telling him that when he is four he has to wash his hands by himself. He seems to pick and choose when he wants to wash his hands.) I told him that there are lots of things that I'll help him do, but that he's getting bigger and can do more on his own. (makes Mommy a little sad) He replied, "But I'll always play with cars!" That may be true!

I think my favorite memory today is when his little friend J. came a little late so he started helping her find some of the hidden eggs others had missed. He started shaking the small trees so the eggs would come down for her. A close second was watching the kids dancing on the hearth (is that the word for the area in front of the fireplace?) Ryan ran into his room and grabbed his 'flute' from Thailand and started playing it, of course while wearing his Lightning McQueen helmet (which he wore almost the whole day). Isn't four when they start wearing their Halloween costume to Safeway all the way through January and telling the silliest jokes which make absolutely no sense? I can't wait! : )

The kids had lots of fun in the new sandbox. More stayed in than I expected. (Sand I mean)

Tomorrow we go see Ryan's allergist. I know...what kind of mother would make her child go to a two hour Dr. appt. on his birthday so he can get poked a dozen times? Well, I decided to take the appt. because these long ones are harder to come by, Ryan is thrilled because he gets a new car, and what a great gift if he actually passes one of these! I am preparing myself for another year, but I am sooooo hoping he can finally have eggs, or any off of our list.

Now it is time to get ready for Ryan's 'digger' party!

No comments: