Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Got Benadryl?

It’s only 9:00 and I am ready to hit the hay.  I’ll have to post the birthday boy tomorrow!  We had a long day with Ryan’s allergy appointment.  After much anticipation mixed with a little dread of the possible outcome…NO PROGRESS.  The nurse did her poking and then told us she would return in 15 minutes.  I didn’t even let myself look at his back because last year I knew within a minute that he didn’t pass.  She returned about half way through to check and said, “I am stopping the test now and giving him Benadryl.”  I really didn’t let myself get too hopeful so the disappointment isn’t as bad as it could have been.  It’s just so sad because 5 was supposed to be the magic number.  That is when most outgrow their dairy allergy.  I was hoping that Mac and cheese was going to be on the menu soon!  Ryan was a trooper, but he is disappointed.  The doctor doesn’t even want to test him again for peanuts or any nuts until he is 7 or older.  We can come in at 6 for the others if we want or wait.  Poor Betty, looks like she may have to bake for his 6th birthday too! : )  So I’ll pick up his new Epi pens tomorrow and start looking for some new recipes for this next year.

On a more positive note, today was our last meeting with Erik’s social worker.  I dropped off Erik’s medical form and now we just wait for our agency to release Erik to us.  Hopefully that will go quickly and we can get a court date to make everything final!

No comments: