Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Tonight

So I called it on the waking up and finding us response.  She cried for a little while but that passed.  She has wanted to be held ALL day.  I am so happy that she lets both of us hold her and wants to be held close but it’s sad after seeing how crazy busy she was in the visiting room where she never stopped climbing up on the couch, in and out of the car…

She ended up throwing up everything she ate for lunch.  I should have brought a couple more shirts for all of us.  Hopefully her nerves will calm down and won’t need another clean up.  I walked her for a really long time and finally she let me sit down.  We all slept for a couple of hours.  When she woke up she ate a little and drank some water.  I sat her on my stomach while I laid on the bed.  I’m not sure if it’s a translation thing, but she’s not quite sure about my sense of humor.  She fed me puffs and loved my disappearing-reappearing puff trick.  It was my first smile.  I brought a few books and she sat through those pretty well.  I also brought some stacking cups and they were a huge hit.  I almost got a giggle. 

It’s 11pm now.  Hopefully, she’ll get a good night’s sleep.  We’ll leave the hotel around noon.  Foster mom told us she hates the car, so our 45 minute drive to the airport shall be interesting.  I’m a little nervous about the flight.  I’m so excited to get home though.

She is so much bigger than I even guessed.  She feels at least as heavy as Erik but I know she’s not.  Her 2T jammies are so tight.  I think she’s going to want to walk a lot on the plane.  I hope she’s game for the Ergo because my arms won’t make it otherwise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well - I must say that we are blessed to know that our prayers for bonding are being answered - even with a few messed up t-shirts! :)
We will be praying for your flight. Not sure when you will see this......and waiting for you to walk through the international process at SFO.
Hugs - Tessie