Thursday, May 3, 2012

Update

Updates:

So I’ll start with the bummer so I can end on a positive note.  Our agency emailed today saying that one family got an EP this time.  I’ll give you that’s better than zero, however this moves us all the way from the beginning of February to MID- February.  Seriously, I’m worn out. We’re now in May and only ONE group of children has come home this year.  I asked our agency if they would reconsider and let us know how many families are ahead of us.  It would really help me.  I am pretty aware of how the process works and that families don’t always stay in order……….but it would help me.  We don’t know if there is one family or 20 ahead of us.  It was a no.  I best move on.

 

I finally talked to Ryan’s allergist.  All of his scores have gone down!  That’s great!  He tested negative for egg so he gets to do a challenge test.  His milk wasn’t negative but low enough for the doctor to do a challenge for that too.  His nuts and peanuts are still high enough to keep avoiding but he said that kids with his score on peanuts have a 50% chance of growing out of it during childhood.  So next Thurs. we go for the challenge.  If he makes it past the skin test, then we try milk and watch over three hours.  Last time he did the skin test for milk they stopped it and gave him Benadryl after a couple of minutes.  Hopefully, he’ll pass it, but I am so happy that the numbers have gone down again.  We’ll try egg on a different day. 

No comments: