Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Got hand…

and foot

and MOUTH

disease

around here.

IMG_9764

On Saturday night Erik asked for some milk so I put a glass on the table for him.  Ryan picked it up and took a big sip.  He knew right away it wasn’t his, but as they say, “too late.”  He said his throat was scratchy.  That is not good, but I could tell he was feeling worried and thought he was just being a little dramatic.  When he has had a reaction to milk, at least the last couple of years, he has just had a few small hives on his face.  I looked around his mouth and found a tiny little spot that I thought might have been a reaction.  I gave him some Benadryl and we just watched him.  He slept great, but woke up saying he didn’t feel well.  That didn’t jive with an allergic reaction, but I know they can last.  Harv stayed home with him while Erik and I went to church.  When I got home he was asleep with a fever.  So then we knew it was probably not a reaction to the milk and just a virus.  I went ahead and cancelled the challenge test for this week since he can’t have Benadryl for a week beforehand.  It seems the timing was just a coincidence.  Today his mouth hurt a lot and he has been really bothered by all of the little blisters.  Hopefully he’ll start drying up some more tomorrow.  Erik fell asleep on me at 7 tonight.  I’m thinking that might not be so good…

No comments: