Wednesday, March 14, 2012

‘One of those days’

Today I took Ryan to a museum with a bunch of families from our school.  I can do a museum about as fast as an aquarium.  About 15 minutes.  We were there for five hours.  Saving grace was that there were a couple of moms who I really enjoy and we had a good time (oh, and Ryan enjoyed it.)  But by the end, I was cold, I had major shoulderitis from my ridiculously heavy camera that I didn’t use but twice, and severe coffee withdrawal syndrome.   So it’s no wonder that after we got back: 

I locked Erik in the van.  With my cellphone.  In his carseat.  Me outside.  In the rain.  Remote no worky.  Doors no open.

Fortunately, I remembered that I had seen Harvey playing with the remote and saw him slide the spare key into it!  Momentary panic.  Happy, but wet ending.

About twenty minutes later…when I went to pick up Ryan from piano, Erik had to go to the bathroom.  I walked him straight in the building and into the bathroom.  I looked at the urinal and then went towards the stall.  Then I looked at the urinal and thought ‘That’s not right’.  We left…abruptly.  We walked out and into the other bathroom.  I then avoided making eye contact with the father of one of Ryan’s classmates who was walking behind me when I turned into the ‘other’ bathroom.

I’m tired.  It’s been one of those days…  

No comments: