Monday, February 13, 2012

You Were Right!

We have been talking about getting a minivan for a long time. We started thinking about it more seriously last summer when my car starting making that weird noise and we knew we were going to have three kids. There were only a couple of colors that we liked (it's sort of large vehicle to be covered in a color you don't like...it's a little too much 'Salsa Red' for me.) I also wanted the beige interior. Turns out that the combo we liked best is the least common. Our friend has searched for us for a long time. He was pretty sure it would never happen. Since number three is so far away it really didn't matter to me if we waited to see if one would come up. Well...on Friday afternoon Harvey told me that he had to go to the store to get some things for work. A couple of hours went by and I was starting to wonder where exactly the store was located. He finally called and said our friend who works for Toyota had a minivan that we might be interested in. He had to get home though so we had to hurry over there. Harvey got home in a few minutes and then we all drove over to the dealership. Well, it was exactly what we wanted. Our friend said we would probably never have a chance at this combo again. I asked Harv if we should talk about it, and then our friend handed me the key. Harv had already bought it! Happy Valentine's Day, birthday, Mother's Day, Christmas...for the rest of my life! Ryan knew about it for the last week or two. I can't believe he never even hinted about it. Anywho...I am a minivan mom!

2012-02-13_008

2012-02-13_002

Since no one is bringing their kid home anytime soon, our agency is letting us send another small care package this week. I went way colorful! And coordinating!

2012-02-13_003

Ryan's teacher suggested that the kids make their valentines...which meant that Ryan absolutely had to make the valentines. Imagine how long making 16 valentines took...now add a couple of days.

2012-02-13_004

This is what our dining room table looks like every day! : (

2012-02-13_009

2012-02-13_011

But they turned out so cute!

(I asked Ryan if he wanted to do something different for the boys. We had some old race car valentines..."No, I'm going to put an arrow on it. An arrow is kind of like a weapon, so the boys will like it.")

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well congrats on the new vehicle. I will be by in the next couple of days to see it! And great job on the valentines Ryan! Love you guys! Tessie

Anonymous said...

THE FAKERS THINK A ROAD TRIP IS IN ORDER!!!