Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I’m Back

 

IMG_7189

This is not my first 3 pack in the last couple of weeks.  I’m not a big fan of keeping track of those kinds of things, so we’ll leave it at that.  I AM a fan of Tin Roof Sundae.  Last night Harvey asked me if there was any ice cream left.  I hit him in his good arm, the one without the SHINGLES.  No, I haven’t finished the second gallon yet!  How rude!  And yes, I am refraining tonight…well, maybe.  It’s only 9pm.

I looked to 2012 with such excitement.  Finally, we were in the year we would bring our girl home.  The excitement filled Jan. 1 (except for the painful rash on my face.)  It, the excitement, left Jan. 2nd.  (The rash lasted the rest of the week, which was a relief, since I had to then focus on a broken crown and a broken filling on two different teeth.)  On Jan. 2, our agency called with troubling information.

As much as a part of me wants to write out all of the details, I know it’s better not to at this point.  It was a month of waiting on our agency and another country over things we have no control of.  It is a situation that only pertains to us.  Some things we have been able to find out, other things we probably won’t, at least until later. 

To make matters worse, Korea has made no movement on a single EP (emigration permit).  This means that not one child has been allowed to start the process of coming home.  There is some hope that they will start again in Feb. but no one has heard anything from the government.  No one knows how many EPs will be issued and at what pace they will flow.  No one knows if/when they will stop again.  New rules begin in July.  Trying to imagine how things are not going to slow or stop again then.  Nothing yet.  So, sitting around eating chocolate and ice cream felt better than blogging.  I’m getting phone calls about the lack of photos though, so I’m going to see if I can blog and eat at the same time.

So back to the SHINGLES…Harvey finally got started on the bathroom again.  I may have had ulterior motives in my cute little “2012 New Year’s Eve” paper I had everyone fill out.  I mean, I didn’t force him to write down “finish bathroom” in the goal section.  I just don’t think I’m that kind of person.  I’m probably not that kind of person.  It’s only been four and a half years.  I’m more of a patient person…No, that’s not right.  Anyway, I don’t like keeping track of those kind of things either. 

Well, Harvey was under the house welding for a couple of days.  Not continuously…but you know, for a long time.  A day later or so he started to say how much his shoulder hurt.  Next day it was the same.  And so on.  Finally yesterday, he was talking about it again and saying how it was swollen.  Seeing as I almost have a degree from Web MD, I took a look and concluded he must have gotten bit by some horrible creature that was crawling under my bathroom (which does not have a floor to keep such a creature from crawling into my bed…)  I told him to head over to urgent care, so he went to bed and called the doctor today.  The doctor looked at it and immediately said, “Shingles.”  He also said that he waited too long and he could no longer have the shot that would have halved its course.  Nothing makes you feel young and fit like a case of shingles!  So if you are old, sick, or pregnant, stay away from Harvey.

So the reality is that we don’t even have a guess of when Kimmy will come home.  The chances of it being this summer don’t look good, but I still think it because I can’t afford to buy new pants.  I’m still in the/an angry stage so don’t say anything about my hair, or anything that might make me clear out Trader Joe’s bin of chocolate again.

Tomorrow I’ll put up a photo of Erik’s new hairdo.  But don’t say anything about the area Mommy tried to fix!

Time for some Tin Roof!

 

No comments: