Monday, January 3, 2011

Our Life: Cars, Trains, Ants, and Penguins!

Obviously my new year’s resolution wasn’t blogging every day!  Although I did manage to use my exercise machine this morning…that didn’t make the list either.  Our pastor walked us through a ‘spiritual compass’ last Sunday.  He set out four sets of questions for us to think through as we start this new year.  I am starting to look at: “new things starting to happen in my life/a new direction, what may need to end, the people, scripture…who love and guide me, and what I do to rest, play, and nurture my soul.”     That’s my quick recap but I think it’s a better start for me than a list of exercise goals and other things I won’t keep up with. 

“Unless a man starts afresh about things, he will certainly do nothing effective. Unless a man starts on the strange assumption that he has never existed before, it is quite certain that he will never exist afterwards. Unless a man be born again, he shall by no means enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.”  G.K. Chesterton

2011-01-02_002

 The cuteness has continued to abound here!  Erik is absolutely crazy about trains.  He is particularly nuts about ‘Henry'.  Several of our friend’s Christmas cards reported their two year old’s alphabet proficiency, counting to 1000 or okay 20, but you get the picture.  Well, Erik has some work ahead of him on the ABC’s but this boy knows his trains and he can slide…as into second base!  Priorities people!

 

2011-01-02_006  Yes, it’s what you think.  It was an evening of planning out the track going into the garage.

 

2011-01-03_001

 

2011-01-03_007

 Yeah!  It’s as close as I’m getting to a basement.  The boys spent about two hours out here today.  I could like this slot car thing!  Harv set up the control thingy in the wrong direction…POWER SURGE!  Yep, let’s now buy another thing for this set!

(Ryan decided he wanted to paint a flay today.)

2011-01-03_010 I know this probably doesn’t interest many of you but we are so into this ant farm.  If you ever want one, this is the one.  It is so much better in person.  Every morning Ryan and Erik run into the kitchen to see what they have done during the night.

 

2011-01-03_012

 

2011-01-03_013 

 

2011-01-03_021

 PENGUINS!

 

2011-01-03_015

“If you build it, they will come!”

No comments: