Saturday, January 16, 2010

"Uh-Oh"

This morning when I turned on the computer it didn't boot up properly. I immediately called my technical advisor into the room. It was a 'most of the day' project. After dinner Harv came into the living room, looked at me, paused...and said, "It's bad." "Am I going to be mad?" I asked. "Probably," he said. Of course my first question was if my pictures were gone. "Yep!" "When was the last time you backed up the photos?" OCTOBER!!!!!!!! He went back into the room while I sat and stewed about my pictures. Though my faults are many, I am not a nagging wife...except for asking if our pictures are backed up. I do ask that a lot. Several months ago Harv bought an external drive to help ease my concerns. Well eventually Harv came back. He found the pictures! Off to the electronics store for another cable and a few more hours of fixing the other problems. Hopefully all is okay on the picture front. There will be a new schedule for backing up photos and maybe a new service off site! No pictures tonight. Hopefully tomorrow!! (I know, I should learn to back up the photos...however, I think there is concensus that I don't!!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And the computer? Is it a goner?
Good reminder for me too!
Hugs - Tessie