Friday, January 29, 2010

Seeing Pink

Last night when I glanced over at Ryan on the couch I thought his eyes looked a little red...this morning, after I cleared the crust off his eyelashes...see where this is going? Off to the doctor's this afternoon to get the confirmation and the drops. Let's just say that the pink eye is way more pleasant than putting drops in Ryan's eyes. A quick flashback: It took myself and three grown men to hold him down while Uncle Charles pulled a few deep splinters out of his hand. When the doctor said the drops were a little "S" "T" "I" "N" "G" "Y" I was thinking 'why are you spelling out 'stingy' (is that even a word?) when my kid loves to watch them put the needle in his arm and watch the blood pour out of him? Too bad I didn't have the flashback earlier! So the first round, when he didn't know what was coming, went in fine. The aftermath was again, unpleasant. Round two: UGLY! He cried until he threw up, twice! We hadn't even put the drops in yet! Finally got him to let Mommy put the drops in and can you believe it...it was okay. Much to his surprise, he survived. He is now convinced that Mommy does it better than Daddy so I now have the honor of administering the drops three times a day for the next week! Shockingly, Erik's eye started getting red and pussy tonight. I'm sure they'll be lovely in the morning! Not sure if it is the tiny font or the inevitable, but my eyes are hurting so I'm off. "See" you tomorrow, maybe in pink!

No comments: