Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Whale of a Time!

What a fun day we had! We were on the go most of the day. We went to a 1st birthday party for our special friend who came home from Korea on the same day as Erik. It was a wonderful celebration. As soon as we got home we changed Ryan into his costume and headed for our church's harvest party:

First he made a frame,

then a candy corn necklace


threw a few hoops


tossed a few bean bags


tossed for some O's


and then it was time to get some candy.
We went to some of the local stores and his costume was quite a hit. In case you can't tell, he's a Shamu trainer. That's a bucket of fish for Shamu. Every since we went to Sea World last year that is what he has talked about.


And we had a chicken. I didn't think he would wear the hood, so as soon as I put it on I took him to the mirror so he could see it. He loved it and never took it off.


Looking for eggs!




Shamu show







Okay, about six people asked me if I made Shamu. Really? The last time I sewed was in high school. You know, when they actually had home economics. I tried to make a Brooke Shields blouse. I actually got my finger stuck upside down with the needle stuck in the pad of my pointer finger. If you know your way around a sewing machine, which obviously I didn't, you know the needle has to go down before it will go up again. Since the teacher had never seen this happen "in my whole time teaching this class", I had to drag my finger out with the needle scraping across my finger. So I ended up with a bandaged finger and button holes on the wrong side of the cuffs! I got a C.








I don't think trainers are supposed to eat the fish!
After the photo shoot, we went over to Auntie Tessie and Auntie G.G.'s house. They made special bags for each of us: allergy free for Ryan, all M&Ms for Harv and all Snickers for me!! Then we headed over to our old neighborhood. It was so fun to see our old neighbors and introduce Erik to them. There isn't a friendlier or prettier street than our old one.
A night I'll never forget. He had such fun and was so fun to be with.
Even the teenagers were stopping to see his costume.





When we got home, he went through his loot and then took over our door. We got about a 5 times the traffic (which would be about 15 kids) so we have a full bag and a half left.
A Ryan moment:
So after our big day I asked Ryan what the best part of the day was: the party, the harvest festival at church, visiting our friends, trick or treating... and without missing a beat he said, "being with you all day." This boy knows how to melt his momma's heart!!
Bummer of the day:
As we unloaded the car last night my new camera lens fell out of the camera bag. It sounds similar to a box of Christmas ornaments that fell from the top shelf. Very sad, but I have to say I couldn't have gotten more use out of it during its short time with us. Glad we bought it used! The closeups aren't going to be what they used to be!

No comments: