Thursday, November 19, 2009

Got Pie!

So I had to figure out how to make a pie with a one year old at my feet. Out came the cookie cutters for Ryan's playdough. It lasted through the crust, and that was it...







I am continually amazed at the awful pictures I'm willing to put up of myself on this blog.
So we cleaned up the mess on the floor and moved to the backpack. For the first time, that only lasted about 15 minutes. If we're outside he can go 2 1/2 hours. Fortunately, Daddy came home and took him so I could finish.



Apple-Persimmon Pie
What's up with the number of people who don't like persimmons? I went on-line for a persimmon cookie recipe and most of the comments started, "I don't like persimmons, but these cookies were great..." Come on over and have some pie! You'll learn to love persimmons!


I was quite proud today when Erik figured out all by his little self how to properly eat raspberries. Wait until his big brother shows him how to load the whole hand!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The raspberry on the finger and his look made me laugh....
Now - first desserts while talking to me on the phone - NOW on the blog......AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...I WANT A PIECE!!! Love you - Tessie

Anonymous said...

Knew he was our kind of guy! Your pie looks great..I'm proud of you! FGma

Anonymous said...

Love persimmons - just don't know how to cook with them!!! Tessie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.