Monday, December 20, 2010

How About That Holiday Spirit?

So I went to the craft store for like the eighth time this week.  As I was standing in line, (which was about a mile long, but that is another rant altogether,) a young gal was looking through the $1 bins while two gals (both of whom should have been checking us out, which would have solved both the line problem and the customer service problem) were stocking them.  She asked one of the gals if they had anymore of the stamps like the one she had just found.  The stocker looked at her and said,”I don’t know, your guess is as good as mine.”  Is it just me or have we lost some of that old-fashioned customer service?

I also hit the post office again.  I went twice last week and just whipped in and out and then went today, which apparently is the busiest day of the Christmas holiday season.  There was no whipping of any kind.  I was kind of shocked hearing the federal employees wishing people a “Merry Christmas”.  In fact, I have been wished a “Merry Christmas” by more store employees this year than in any I can remember.  So now I just read a ‘news’ article that some employees were told they couldn’t say “Merry Christmas” because it made some people feel left out and I just want to say that this is directly related to removing dodgeball from our elementary schools, giving everyone a trophy for everything they do, and making kids invite their whole class to their birthday parties.

No comments: