Friday, April 29, 2011

Watching and Waiting

So I wasn’t planning on watching the wedding…but I woke up last night when Harv was leaving and I turned on the t.v. to see what was happening.  The royal family was just arriving so what could I do?!  I figured the chances of watching it uninterrupted at any other time were pretty low.  It was really great. It really did feel like watching a fairy tale come to life.  I remember getting up early for Charles and Di’s wedding.  Good thing, my dad taped an old western by mistake on his $800 VCR.  (My dad has a knack for buying things the moment they first arrive on the market at their highest prices.)  As beautiful as everyone and everything was, I was most touched by how beautifully marriage was presented. 

 

Several times a day Harvey goes out to check on his plants.  Someone’s been eating our leaves!  He is determined to find them and…

IMG_8529

Our ticker finally hit 7 months.  I talked to our social worker a couple of weeks ago and she wouldn’t give me any idea of how long it might take for us to get a referral.  A friend mentioned her agency is telling people 18 months for a referral.  I’m ignoring that information.  I’m so glad we got going on our paperwork as soon as we were allowed to.  Not all of the time, but every once in a while I catch myself thinking it might be the agency when I hear the phone ring.  Don’t be offended if I sound a little disappointed when you call!  : )

No comments: