Monday, August 23, 2010

It’s a Three Ring Circus Around Here

Harv came home from work with four free tickets to the circus so we went on Saturday.   Erik was completely mesmerized the first half hour…after that he was up and down from his seat, in and out of our laps and finally entertained for a good portion of the show with his $10 ‘lemonade’.  Now there’s a profit margin to brag about!  So it wasn’t exactly free!  It wasn’t as good as last year but it was still fun. We sat right above our seats from last year and I remember thinking the next time we came we would have Erik.  And here he is at the circus:

 2010-08-21_004 

 

2010-08-21_016 This was our favorite.  I’m sure their mothers don’t watch.  They have 7 motorcycles going at the same time.

 

2010-08-21_020 

 

2010-08-21_024  Finally back in the pool.  It’s been so cool this summer that we haven’t gone much.  They were in there for a couple of hours.

2010-08-21_025

 

2010-08-21_0282010-08-21_0292010-08-21_030

 

 2010-08-21_039

 13s

I can’t believe my baby is in 13s!  This brand runs big so he’s really more of a 12 but they still look big on those little legs!

Big News: on the shoe front that is…Today Ryan tied his shoes on his own for the first time.  Actually they were Harvey’s since I just spent the big bucks on Velcro ones!  He is so proud because I told him he would be able to do it at the end of kindergarten.  We spent a few days on it a month or two ago but he got frustrated, then this morning he put Harv’s shoe on and finished pulling the bow as I walked in.  He’s done it several times now so I’ll have to get him a pair with ties one of these days.

2010-08-21_047

So I wasn’t thrilled with my ‘it’s not bad’ paint color.  I told a friend I was going to just be happy with it, but it was clear pretty quickly that that wasn’t going to happen so I added another cup or so of white paint and repainted the whole dining room.  Harv came in before he went to bed and I asked him if he thought I would have enough paint to finish the kitchen.  It didn’t look good!  Poor guy was so tired but he decided he better step in to help me stretch the paint out.  As we finished the dining room we started to get a little worried.  We started planning where we could skip and come back with a new mix.  I actually broke a sweat pushing on the roller to get out as much paint as possible.  If you don’t mind staying away from the far corner by our fridge…then we were able to pull it off!  I’m really happy with our custom custom paint.  We ended up with a small baby food container left over.  So I’m off now to finish painting the trim in the kitchen!

No comments: