Friday, May 8, 2009

Burning Down the House!

How ironic that it was fireman day yesterday! I decided to do some late night kitchen duties and laundry. While I was putting in a load of clothes into the dryer I heard this strange noise by the kitchen. I thought someone was trying to get into the house. I walked into the kitchen to see sparks flying in the microwave. Apparently my germaphobia caught up to me. Instead of putting 2 min. I must have put 20! Here's a little science lesson on what happens to a sponge after 20 min. in the microwave: (Don't try this at home).
Doesn't do it justice without a 'smell' feature on the photo!

When I picked it up with tongs it just fell apart.





After some heavy duty elbow grease! (Kinda happy at how clean it is now!)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always wondered what an over microwaved sponge would look like....thanks to you now I know.
Science projects!!!!
Beautiful microwave!!
Tessie