Tuesday, May 10, 2011

4-Square

Ryan and I had a nice visit at the school today.  It turned out to be a weird time for us to come but I could still get a feel for the school.  We arrived at 10:30 and went immediately to recess until 11:00.  The good part of that was watching how nice the kids were.  A third grader came up on his own and invited Ryan to play 4-square.  Ryan’s going to need some coaching in 4-square…but I loved seeing him play with the boys.  Fortunately I’m a pretty good 4-square player.  Being low to the ground has a few advantages!  When we went in they had spelling for about 35 minutes.  The teacher read a story for a few minutes and then they had lunch.  The teacher had to cover someone unexpectedly during lunch so I didn’t get a chance to talk to her very much.  Then we had to leave.  So I didn’t see much academically.  Since the other school is very academic it would have been nice to see what was going on here.  It is fairly different than the other 2 day a week school so we have a lot to think about.  It will probably take me until August!  Both schools would be good choices so I’m thankful for that.

No comments: