Thursday, June 3, 2010

Nothing a Little Glue Can’t Fix

As I was closing the back door this morning to take Ryan to school Erik did a head dive into the back gate.  It was one of those terrible falls you see coming but can’t do anything to stop.  He was a little bloody but he stopped crying within a couple of minutes.  I had enough in me to get a wet towel to clean him up and stop the bleeding.  Of course…I had to lay down while I did it.  He sat on my stomach while I layed on our cool wood floor complete with bright yellow lights when I closed my eyes!  It is so pitiful but what can I do?!  I pulled it together finally, got some juice and took Ryan to school.  Erik and I then headed to the doctor’s.  It wasn’t terrible but it was a little wider than a normal cut so I wanted them to check it.  The nurse thought it should be looked at…you know…three hours later.  They had to wrap him like a burrito, one nurse held his head and I got the rest of him!  The doctor glued him back together and he was back in working order.

 2010-06-03_001     

 

2010-06-03_006

 

2010-06-03_002

 

 

2010-06-03_003 

 A little juice to pass the time. 

2010-06-03_008 

 

2010-06-03_007

 

 

2010-06-03_015

What a trooper!

If this is any indicator of how our years are going to end I’m in trouble!  We got home at 8:45 tonight from buying cards and a small gift for Ryan’s teachers.  It’s now almost 11pm and I have to write thank yous.  Tomorrow is graduation!  It is so exciting.  

No comments: