Friday, February 4, 2011

Don’t Mess with Etiquette!

It’s been a long week of Daddy having crazy hours.  Like 3:30am to 8:15pm tonight.  I feel a little guilty that I am going to go out for the afternoon with a friend tomorrow since he is exhausted, but this girl needs to get away from her kids!  The upshot of Daddy missing dinner tonight was that I got to bring out the Mac ‘n Cheese for dinner.  Only bummer was the lack of Spam!  (Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it!) 

So I’m a big believer in writing thank you notes.  I know, I’ve said it before.  For some reason this last Christmas I had a really hard time getting thank you notes out.  We got Ryan’s out but each of mine was like pulling a tooth, no offense to any of you that were kind enough to give me something!  By the time I got down to the last couple it was already well into January.  Hmmm, since one of them never sent me one themselves I was thinking maybe I could get away with skipping theirs this year.  Well, it kept bothering me but as long as my mailbox was empty I was willing to risk it.  Now it’s February and it was still on my mind.  Guess what I got in the mail today!  Now I feel like a big dork sending one in February after I just got theirs.  See what happens when you fool around with proper etiquette!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So - OK.....I LOVE Mac n Cheese.....and sorry - can do WITHOUT Spam. And then, well, you know I do well with verbal thank yous and, h, yeah, I am REALLY BAD at the written ones! At least you get them out!!! Tessie