Monday, January 20, 2014

A Door

For the first time since we moved in over six years ago…I have a door on my master bath!  I also have crown molding in the bathroom.  The first night we slept here it was so cold in our room (November) Harvey had to get up and get a heavy blanket and nail it to the door frame.  That lovely thing swayed from the cold air coming in from the hole in the roof for six years.  So back to the door, I was a little bummed when I found out that paint does not come next (since I bought the paint like four months ago.)  Next, Harvey has to figure out how he is going to do the little closet space.  I want shelves and drawers.  It’s pretty deep and also narrow.  The picture I gave him would be described as shallow and wide.  Oh well, keep that mind sharp!  He also has to build the casings for around the door.  That one is on him since he found the picture of a door that we both really liked.  He had to pick a 19th century farmhouse.  Anyway…I think you can pretty much add up that timeline.  But look at my door!

IMG_4147

No comments: