Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Here’s Looking at 30

We were off to the doctor’s again today.  I couldn’t help myself…I had to count up how many times our little family has been to the doctor’s (not including the dentist) since we brought Erik home.  28 times!  That seems like a lot since we don’t have any major issues, which by the way, I am extremely grateful for.  After our appointment today, I get to add two more appointments in the next week or so.  So keeping our pediatrician and allergist (now for two boys) that are twenty-five minutes away is seeming less attractive.

Erik’s eczema has gotten so bad this week I took him in to get it looked at.  The doctor said it looked like he had a bacterial infection so we got steroids and an antibiotic.  The doctor agreed that he should see the allergist so she sent me down to get his blood drawn…again!  The gal got him all set up and just when I thought she must have at least 3 vials (I thought it would be best if I didn’t look) she says, “I can’t get anything, I have to do the other arm.”  “What?  How could it take that long to figure out it wouldn’t work?”  So she undid the band and set up the other arm, giving Erik time to work himself into another mess.  After an equally lengthy attempt, “I can’t get this one either.”  I just said, “We’re going home.”  Now I get to go back and do it all over, and then we’ll have to go see our Dr. and see what they find out.  I think it’s time for bed!

No comments: